Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

holidays

My Holidays

Well, well, well, what a lot of emotions that I have felt during the Term 3 Holidays! Some of the emotions I felt were relief, boredom, excitement, anger, happiness, sadness and of course panic! With this recount on my holidays you will get to experience some of the emotions that I went through, so here goes.

One of the very first emotions I had was relief. I felt this because of course after a long term of school work I got to have a two week holiday, and really, who wouldn't want that?

Then I started to boredom, why this was, was because the next few days were really, really, really boring. All I got to do as watch TV and play outside. How boring, boring, boring!

But then things started to liven up. My sister who I had only seen once ever in my life was coming to Auckland. And with this news I was over the moon excited! Before we got to see her though, my Dad, my Mum, my brother and I went to the Waikato River. It was really weird there the tide was so high if you stepped off the grass into the water it would be already up to your knees. My brother and I saw this house on an island in the middle of the river. It was run down and looked more like a playground but my dad told us a story about it. He said that a man once lived there and he used to put out traps to stop the police from coming to get him off the island. That was really funny. Anyways we ended up not doing anything because it was so deep, so we packed up and drove to my nan’s place.

When we went to my nan’s, I felt really delighted to get to see my sister. Over the next couple of days we all played games like Ninja, Tag, Soccer etc. But when it was time for her to go back to Martin I felt a little bit sad.

The last week of the holidays went by in a blurrrrrrrrrrrrr. But on the very last day of the holidays my family and I went to St Heliers and tried to build sandcastles. It was really fun.

I had an excellent holiday, it was fun with all the ups and downs of any regular holidays. So that was my Term 3, and I hope that you enjoyed reading about it.

By Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.