Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

My moment of Excellence

Applause is all I could hear. Clapping, laughing, I was so happy. As I sat in my chair waiting for that one award. The Sharpe Cup! I had worked hard all year, aiming for the best in everything I done. The word for it was excellence.

As the awards rolled past, I began to ache with anticipation. There were so many other students who could have earned that award. Then the dreaded announcement, the winner for the 2011 Sharpe Cup is, Maria!!!

I rose to my feet, so excited, thrilled that I could be given the honor to receive this immaculate award. I worked and worked each day leading up to this momentous event, Prize-giving. As I walked up to the stage, I let out a sigh of relief, it had happened.

I shook the teacher's hands and faced the audience. I could see my parents faces beaming with pride. My little brothers and sisters jumping up and down. My photo was taken and I sat down I was so happy!

That day was brilliant not only did I receive an award but I also was given inspiration to go for School Dux and be the absolute best I can be. I will take this moment with for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.